Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Exam. SSC CGL written examination comprises of four level exams, I, II III and IV. Pattern of examination is as follows:
Levels of Exam
|Sr No.||Exam||Exam Mode|
|1||Tier I||Online objective|
|2||Tier II||Online objective|
|3||Tier III||Offline (Pen &Paper)|
|4||Tier IV||Document Verification and Computer Proficiency Test|
|Sr. no||Subject|| No. of |
| Maximum |
| Time |
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 min|
Note-I: In Tier-I there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
|Sr No.||Exam||Exam Mode|
|1||Paper I: Quantitative Aptitude||120 Minutes|
|2|| Paper II: English Language and |
|3||Paper III: Statistics|
|4|| Paper IV: General Studies (Finance|
Note-II: In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
Note-III: In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
|Tier|| Mode of |
| Scheme of |
|III|| Pen and |
| Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi|
writing of Essay/
After analysing whole pattern of SSC, we see English is the important section of SSC. For thorough preparation, smart work is required along with hard work. We provide complete syllabus of English for SSC CGL Let’s revise all the topics to see how we will prepare for it. Topics are as follows:
- Sentence improvement
- Sentence Correction
- Error Detection
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution
- Spelling mistake
- Improvement of sentences
- Active/ passive voice of verbs
- Conversion into direct/ indirect narration
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Cloze passage
English Language is considered one of the most important sections of the Competitive Exams and also the most scoring. Scoring in this section is not as easy, so you really need to prepare hard. After analysing previous year question papers, you can easily understand which topic you need to focus on. Since English is a language it cannot be learned overnight, consistency is must. Here we are providing some tips for preparing English for staff selection commission:
Tips for Preparing English for Staff Selection Commission
- You need to revise the rules of grammar. Solving previous year papers gives you clear idea what kind of questions SSC examiner is framing.
- Make habit to learn new words daily from newspaper.
- You have to revise the assessment which you have done in the class room or in book. Make your habit to revise the topics that you have done and keep it on your finger.
- It is very important to analyse your weak area so that you can focus on it. Give more time to the study of the subject or topic that you are having difficulty with.
- Try to maintain class notes by creating summary notes. Spot the key terms and concepts and make sure that you understand them.
- Time management is the important factor of any competitive exam. For time management you have to practice Mock Test and daily quiz.
- At last, Practice does not make you perfect. Only perfect practice makes you perfect, so put your all attention on your exam.
Wish you all the best!!!