The exam for Staff Selection Commission- Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC-CGL) 2018 Tier 1 will be conducted from June 4 to June 19, 2019. Aspirants can fill the form online from the first week of March 2019 (Tentative).
These examinations conducted to recruit staff to various posts in ministries, government departments and government organisations. The selection is done for the various Group B and Group C posts.
SSC CGL 2019 (Four major tiers for the 2019 exam)
Eligibility: Bachelor Degree holders from any recognized university can apply for SSC CGL 2019.
SSC CGL 2018 has four phases namely Tier I: Preliminary Exam; Tier II: Main Exam; Tier III: Descriptive Test and Tier IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test/ Document Verification
Tier I: Preliminary
It is a written objective multiple-choice exam, having 4 sections with 100 questions, it covers subjects:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
Tier II: Mains Exam
It is a written objective multiple-choice exam in four sections, having subjects
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language and Comprehension
- General Studies, which is subdivided into:
- Finance & Accounting
- Economics & Governance
Tier III Exam: Descriptive Paper
It is an offline exam ‘writing ability exam’. In this exam, candidates are to do writing in the form of essay writing and letter writing or application writing. The medium of language can be Hindi or English.
Tier IV exam: Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
- Data Entry Speed Test (DEST): candidates enter data at the rate of 2000 key presses in 15 minutes. This is mainly for positions such as Tax Assistant. (Central Excise & Income Tax)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): covering the topics of word processing, spreadsheets, and making slides.
About SSC CGL 2019 Exam
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and the Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDC in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
Aspirants can visit www.myexamadda.com for free 3-day trial classes, Test Series, Current Affair updates, Notifications and Articles.